North Ferriby United were formed in 1934 as a result of a village meeting during which it was decided that it would be a good idea to form a local football team. They first took part in the local East Riding Church League and, in 1938, they won the Division One title.

The club was re-formed after the Second World War and were admitted to the East Riding Amateur League. The immediate post-war years proved to be very successful with the highlight being an appearance in the final qualifying round of the F.A. Amateur Cup during the 1949/50 campaign.

In 1969, North Ferriby improved their status when they joined Division Two of the Yorkshire League and the following season they captured the championship and also lifted the East Riding Senior Cup. 1975 saw them win the Yorkshire League Cup defeating Lincoln United 2-0 and twelve months later they finished second to Emley in Division One.

The 1970s were a positive period for the club and saw them win the East Riding Senior Cup three times. The 1980/81 season was indeed a momentous one. They reached the lofty heights of the F.A. Cup Third Qualifying Round, losing away to Boston United.

In 1982 they joined the newly formed Northern Counties East League, finishing as runners-up in Division One North. Promotion to the Premier Division was offered to them but had to be declined because the ground facilities were not up to the required standard.

The 1985/86 season saw them take the Division One title and this time they were promoted. They also reached the Fourth Round Proper of the F.A. Vase and the following year went out in the Fifth Round to Farsley Celtic by 2-1.

Three seasons later national recognition came their way when they advanced to the semi-final of the F.A. Vase losing to Tamworth, after just shading the first leg at Tamworth 2-1. In 1991, North Ferriby United won the inaugural President’s Cup, defeating F.A. Vase winners Guiseley 8-5 on aggregate. They also lifted the East Riding Senior Cup for the first time in twelve years and in the League Cup Final they lost 1-0 to Guiseley.

1996/97 saw them achieve the ambition of every English club with an appearance at Wembley Stadium. A 3-1 aggregate victory over Guisborough Town in the semi-final saw them through to the F.A. Carlsberg Vase Final on Saturday 19th May 1997. A 3-0 defeat by Whitby Town only partially marred their great day and their name is now proudly entered in the record books.

The next two seasons saw them only a whisker away from promotion to the UniBond League but in 1999/2000 season they won the Northern Counties East League Championship and, with all the necessary work having been carried out on the ground, they finally achieved their long term goal of promotion.

The first season in the UniBond League saw a satisfactory start at this level with a respectable 13th place finish. Season 2001/02 saw the club’s progression continue with an 11th place finish. The campaign finished on another high as the club retained the East Riding Senior Cup for a sixth year in succession, thus equalling the all-time record held by Hull City in a period which straddled the Second World War.

The following season saw more progress, gaining a place in the promotion play-offs via a fourth place finish. Although the promotion push floundered on a tense evening at Radcliffe, that disappointment was assuaged by the club taking the outright record from Hull City with a seventh successive East Riding Senior Cup triumph.

Season 2003/04 wasn’t a kind one with the departure of the majority of the previous season’s team by mid-September which left manager Brian France with a major re-building job. A run of fourteen matches without a win left the club in the relegation zone. Once the the young side had settled they mounted a charge up the table to finish in 17th place. The side finished the campaign without a trophy for the first time in nine years.

The 70th Anniversary Season, 2004/05, proved to be one of the most rewarding in the club’s history as the young team clinched the UniBond League First Division Championship on the final day of the season at Mossley. The side led the division from early October and, despite a minor slump in March, never relinquished their grip on top spot.

Season 2005/06 saw the club at the highest level in their history as they entered the UniBond Premier Division and led the table from the off until March. Despite missing out on automatic promotion, the club came close to joining Champions Blyth Spartans in the Conference North as they secured a place in the promotion play-offs thanks to a fifth place finish. They defeated third placed Frickley Athletic away from home on penalty kicks before losing the final by the odd goal in three at Farsley Celtic after extra time.

Last season proved something of a hiatus as the club sought to consolidate it’s place in the UniBond League Premier Division. Manager Brian France departed the club in December after nine years at the helm with Neil Parsley taking up the reins and ensuring a solid mid-table finish. The final match of the season saw the Villagers make their first appearance at the KC Stadium where a Gary Bradshaw goal was sufficient to ensure that the ERCFA Senior Cup returned to Church Road for the first time since 2003.